corner corner Roadwork

Roadwork
by Stephen King | Horror
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/15/2015

status (set by dbrittonuk01): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

In this gritty narrative, a lone man takes on the wheels of progress in a showdown of cataclysmic proportions. When a highway project puts him out of work and threatens to destroy his home, he has more than enough time on his hands to plot his revenge. Driving his wife and friends away with his obstinate refusal to give in, he pushes the powers-that-be to the limit, taking a stand against what he sees as a criminal act in progress.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Bart Dawes is a man on the edge...he's due to lose his house to a highway extension being built over it, he's lost his job, he's lost his wife...what will he lose next? Well that's not hard to figure out as it's a Stephen King book after all. This isn't a horror story in the supernatural sense but watching Bart's meltdown & the disintegration of his life is horrific.

I find King often, make that always, puts in a lot of extraneous info (which for other authors I'd call padding out!) & this, despite being by his Bachman persona, is no exception. However, in this case it did seem like padding & to be frank it would have benefited from being shorter more of a novella.

A good enough read but not my favourite of the Bachman books - & not a patch on King!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Harbour Road (?) in Beadnell, Northumberland United Kingdom on Friday, October 16, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (10/16/2015 UTC) at Harbour Road (?) in Beadnell, Northumberland United Kingdom

Left in a telephone box on the way to the beach (on Harbour Road, I think!)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 4 by dbrittonuk01 at Beadnell, Northumberland United Kingdom on Monday, October 19, 2015

Found it in a lonely phone box on a dark Saturday evening whilst walking in Beadnell. Can't wait to start reading it as I'm a huge fan of Stephen King.

Once I've read 'Roadwork' I will send it on it's way... And continue the books adventure.