corner corner The Sweet Shop Owner

The Sweet Shop Owner
by GRAHAM SWIFT | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingJ4shawwing of Boise, Idaho USA on 3/10/2015

status (set by marmee463): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingJ4shawwing from Boise, Idaho USA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

MY REVIEW
I really enjoyed this book. Everything about it really. The dryness of it, the way it spanned so many years, so briefly yet so thoroughly. So much unrequited love, everywhere you looked.
I very much like the style of writing and I look forward to reading the other Graham Swift novels I have sat perched on Mt TBR.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJ4shawwing at Bayles, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/11/2015 UTC) at Bayles, Victoria Australia

This is off in a BookBag for the March 2015 Templestow Meet-up that I am unable to attend.

Journal Entry 3 by wodfest at --- Wild released somewhere in Melbourne in Melbourne, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Released 11 mos ago (9/5/2017 UTC) at --- Wild released somewhere in Melbourne in Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Off to the book swap for Indigenous Literacy Day at 500 Bourke St.

Journal Entry 4 by AnonymousFriend at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 07, 2017

Found on the shelf at Queen Street Rescue café while having a cappuccino.

Journal Entry 5 by AnonymousFriend at SI Cafe (previously Salumeria Italiana) in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (5/4/2018 UTC) at SI Cafe (previously Salumeria Italiana) in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

Release #89 for 2018 ...

Journal Entry 6 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, May 04, 2018

Caught today at SI. I have read a couple of Swift before so am looking forward to reading this one. Love the cover, it is making me hanker for a lolly or two...
It took quite some time to get to Templestowe, it can rest awhile here before moving on.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, May 19, 2018

The levels of emotion in this story are complex and sometimes inexplicable but, I guess, that's life. Swift has skillfully captured the life of a convincingly real dysfunctional family, poignant and confronting at times.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmarmee463wing at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, July 22, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (7/23/2018 UTC) at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

On to the shelves.

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.