corner corner Full Tilt: Ireland to India with a Bicycle

Full Tilt: Ireland to India with a Bicycle
by Dervla Murphy | Travel
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Phoenix, Arizona USA on 3/6/2015

status (set by tabby-cat-owner): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Friday, March 06, 2015

Based on her daily diary, this is Dervla Murphy's account of her ride, in 1963, across frozen Europe and through Persia and Afghanistan, over the Himalayas to Pakistan and into India, during one of the worst winters in memory. She has written other travel books, including "In Ethiopia with a Mule".

Journal Entry 2 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Friday, April 27, 2018

This book was written in the 1960s about a bicycle trip that the author took across Europe and the Mideast to India. The book features the author's journal as she made this unusual journey. She encountered difficult and dangerous situations, yet she also encountered mostly helpful and hospitable people. I think that if someone were allowed to take the same trip today, the situation would be entirely different.

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Bell Road & 3rd Street in Phoenix, Arizona USA on Friday, April 27, 2018

Released 4 wks ago (4/27/2018 UTC) at Bell Road & 3rd Street in Phoenix, Arizona USA

I finished this book while I was dining alone at Pei Wei Restaurant located on the southwest corner of 3rd Street and Bell Road. When I got home, the book was missing. I called the restaurant, the book was not there, so it is in the wild somewhere.