corner corner Oxford Blue

Oxford Blue
by Veronica Stallwood | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 2/28/2015

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Different cover.

Bloedengel sent this wishlist book, unregistered, for my birthday a couple months ago. I was so happy to receive it, and it's very timely as I plan to attend the BookCrossing convention in Oxford this year.

It was an engaging mystery with good characterization. Kate Ivory, the protagonist/sleuth has suffered the death of a close friend and retreats from Oxford to a nearby village in order to cope. I haven't read the earlier books in the series (this is #6), so didn't know Kate's personality or history, but could really empathize with her situation and the need to get away to deal with her grief. Of course, the village doesn't turn out to be as tranquil as she expected...

I definitely will go back and start the series at the beginning!
----------------------------
Amazon:
In order to come to terms with the death of a close friend, Kate Ivory has escaped Oxford and found sanctuary in a friend's cottage a few miles away. Here, in the peace of the countryside, she hopes to find inspiration for her next novel. However, shortly after Kate's arrival at the cottage, her gardener, Donna, is found dead in mysterious circumstances and Kate is reluctantly drawn into an investigation. Unconvinced by the official police verdict, she starts to uncover the feuds and illegal goings-on behind the genteel village facades. There is plenty of gossip, and everyone has a theory about Donna's death, but Kate must relinquish her exile and return to Oxford before she can discover the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/5/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Included in a box sent to the convention.

Released for Oh, the Places We Can Go release challenge hosted by Secretariat.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!