corner corner The Undertaking

The Undertaking
by Audrey Magee | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingbookfrogsterwing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 2/28/2015

status (set by Soozreader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookfrogsterwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, February 28, 2015

This book is a beautifully written account of what is essentially a huge car crash. You know that it cannot end well, but want to keep reading this story of the bad things people do by small increments which end up being a tragedy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/4/2015 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to Aava as a bit of spring rabckery. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by aava at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Monday, March 23, 2015

The book was waiting for me when I came home yesterday. What a treat! I remember putting this book on my wish list just a few weeks back and now I have it.Thank you bookfrogster.

Journal Entry 4 by aava at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I read the book already in the summer, but forgot the journal. It did make an impact on me, the book. Like bookfrogster so aptly puts it. like a accident you see happening but can't do anything to stop it. Two cars crashing, people in both vehicles and bang. It's very beautifully written but it's not a happy book. It's quite harrowing tale about war and people trying to survive. A very good book.

I want to send this book to anothher bookcrosser who has this on her wishlist.

--edit 25th Jan: finally off to the next reader. Sorry for the delay, hope you will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Is bookfrogster's bookshelf gradually travelling to Finland?! Thank you very much for the book, aava!

Journal Entry 6 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The book puts it as it is: everyone just tries to survive. Although a work of fiction, the horrors of war came alive on the pages. No winners, only losers on all fronts.

Journal Entry 7 by wingpippiswing at Miitti / Meet-up in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, January 13, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/14/2017 UTC) at Miitti / Meet-up in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Taking the book to local Saturday meet-up!

Journal Entry 8 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, January 16, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/17/2017 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Sending the book across the country! Perhaps it'll find new friends...

Journal Entry 9 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, January 20, 2017

Thank you very much for this book that I also found from the box full of books!:)