corner corner Murder Fortissimo

Murder Fortissimo
by Nicola Slade | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 2/24/2015

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Received from PaperBackSwap to read in advance of the Oxford Convention.

Back cover:
When a terrible, awful woman dies by suspicious means, is there any reason not to let sleeping killers lie? Christiane Marchant met her bloody end when a large, heavy euphonium plunged off a balcony and onto her head. Everyone at the Firstone Grange residential home agreed it was a terrible accident. But nobody was going to miss the hateful Mrs. Marchant. Not her beleaguered daughter, not the exasperated staff, nor fellow guests at the home - and especially not those she was blackmailing.

But retired headmistress Harriet Quigley, a new resident at the luxury lodgings, believes in getting to the truth, no matter how terrible. As she begins to ask questions, her sympathetic nature elicits more than a few confessions from the others - all involving shameful secrets and long-buried dark deeds that Christiane had threatened to expose. But who among them was forced to resort to murder?
---------------------------------------------------
Excellent read! Despite the hundreds of murder mysteries I've read, I can count on the fingers of one hand the victims as odious as Christiane Marchant. She really evoked strong emotions in me, so I wasn't sorry to see her go. I enjoyed the unusual murder weapon as well. Very imaginative!

I look forward to meeting the author at the Oxford convention!

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

For the book buffet.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!