corner corner Casanova

Casanova
by Andrew Miller | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingmeganhwing of Thornbury, Victoria Australia on 2/3/2004

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmeganhwing from Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, February 03, 2004

An interesting novel about Casanova's time in England and his frustrating pursuit as a 38 year old man of the beautiful 18 year old Marie Charpillon. The story is convincing and difficult to put down. Casanova cannot believe this young girl's disdain of him and becomes obsessed with trying to win her; even to the extent of making wagers.
"exquisite and convincing ... laced with luxurious imagery and wry humour ..beautifully and sensitively written"
Sent to Megi53 -trade for Hunchback of Notre Dame

Journal Entry 2 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 10, 2004

This jumped straight to the top of Mt. TBR when I received it today. It's totally unique and fascinating. Here's a quote:

"The little book on his lap, open like some mysterious leathery-skinned fruit with a delicate musty pulp (and how often he wanted to eat books, to devour them physically!)...

And another cool quote from the end: "You buried your mother with a book!"

My daughter asked for this book, and I gave it to her. I hope that when she's through with SOLs, SATs, APs, and other exams, she'll start her own bookshelf.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, May 09, 2004

Have not read the book yet...looks intriguing hence the infamous Casanova....

CAUGHT IN DANVILLE VIRGINIA UNITED STATES

Journal Entry 4 by Megi53 from Danville, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 29, 2006

DD gave it back to me in May.

Journal Entry 5 by Megi53 at Goodwill Store, Westover Drive in Danville, Virginia USA on Saturday, September 23, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (9/23/2006 UTC) at Goodwill Store, Westover Drive in Danville, Virginia USA

"Shopgifted" the book into the "M" section of the fiction shelves!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, November 12, 2006

I found the book at a used book store that is part of a Goodwill store. I travel frequently and intend to leave this book in Tallahassee, FL. I look forward to seeing where this book ends up.

CAUGHT IN DANVILLE VA USA