corner corner The Golden Egg (Brunetti #22)

The Golden Egg (Brunetti #22)
by Donna Leon | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by MrsPeel of Therwil, Baselland Switzerland on 2/18/2015

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by MrsPeel from Therwil, Baselland Switzerland on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

While I was in Venice and Tuscany this autumn, I kept seeing books from this series in all the shops. I'm pretty sure I bought this one from a charity shop here in Basel right after we got back, but is possible I got it somewhere during the trip. I wish I could remember!

--Registered in Basel-Land, Switzerland--

Journal Entry 2 by MrsPeel at Therwil, Baselland Switzerland on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I read this one a few months after visiting Venice on holiday with my in-laws. It was fun to recognize not only the famous landmarks but also quite a few of the water bus stops! The story was interesting, not a typical mystery. Unfortunately I never really warmed to the characters. Maybe if I started with them in book one of the series instead of twenty-two I would be more interested in them.

Journal Entry 3 by MrsPeel at Cardiff Castle in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, April 06, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/6/2015 UTC) at Cardiff Castle in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

I brought this book along on a short trip to Somerset and Cardiff, and released it in Cardiff Castle while searching for Easter Egg clues. I had forgotten until about 5 minutes before I left it that it was actually a themed release! It was already gone when we looked down on the courtyard from the castle keep about 15 minutes later. Safe travels little book! Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Dear future readers of this book,

Thank you so much for coming to the website to check out where this book has been! Now that you're here, I'd really appreciate it if you write a journal entry. It is just a little note to let the book's past readers know that the book is safe, and where you found it. It is also nice to know what you thought of it, and if you're releasing it or keeping it. You can write as much or as little as you like. Anything is very appreciated!
Thank you again for participating in this book's journey!
MrsPeel

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We found the book in Cardiff Castle, it was left on a wall and it seemed to be calling us!When we realized that it was a travelling book we decided to bring it with us towards London....here we are! We will probably release it next week when we'll go to Italy!

Thank everybody!