corner corner Seasons of My Life: Story of a Solitary Daleswoman

Seasons of My Life: Story of a Solitary Daleswoman
by Hannah Hauxwell, Barry Cockcroft | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/10/2015

status (set by KirstieJ): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The autobiography of Hannah Hauxwell, who lived alone in a remote Yorkshire farmhouse, with neither water nor electricity. She first told her story on Yorkshire Television's award-winning "Too Long a Winter" and its sequel "A Winter Too Many".

I remember back in the early 1970's seeing this on TV & recall, being really taken with this old woman. Well, I say old woman but in truth at the time Hannah was 46 - how strange to think she was younger than I am now!!

Hannah is certainly someone you don't forget & it was lovely to re-visit her life in this lovely little book - it's inspiring, heart-warming & heart-breaking...I'm not ashamed to say I had a lump in my throat & a tear in my eye as she talked of her mother's death.

A remarkable woman indeed.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Barstobrick Visitors Centre in Barstobrick, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, July 16, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/16/2015 UTC) at Barstobrick Visitors Centre in Barstobrick, Scotland United Kingdom

Left on a table in the Visitors Centre

Released as part of the CHRISTMAS IN JULY CHALLENGE (#21)
& the 2015 TV SERIES CHALLENGE (#36)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 3 by KirstieJ at Kirkcudbright, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, August 31, 2015

An interesting and emotional book, putting the luxuries and hardships of life into perspective.