corner corner The Consequences of Marriage

The Consequences of Marriage
by Ilsa Dewar | Romance
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 1/18/2015

status (set by booklady331): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, January 18, 2015

This was a fun read. I admit it took me a while to warm up to both of the main characters, but I finally came to like them, quirks and all. There was subtle humor throughout the novel, and a few laugh-out-loud moments. I had never heard of this author and now find she has written several books.

I chose this because it takes place partly in Edinburgh, a city I plan to visit soon. I'd hoped for more sense of place than it delivered. Still, a fun read. Recommended for those who enjoy stories involving family dynamics, and fitting together pieces of a puzzle as a series of vignettes come together to form a satisfying whole.
====================
Amazon UK:
When James McElroy saw the ad for a lodger with 'Bibi Sanders' in a smart Edinburgh street, he pictured a glamorous young landlady with whom he would form a meaningful and deep relationship. But Bibi's in her seventies. She's led a full life, including marriage to the domineering and difficult Callum, now deceased, and raised six children.She's not sure what to make of James and suspects - rightly - a troubling secret in his past. When Bibi sets out to re-visit the past for the final time via a tour of Britain in her rather unexpected Volvo sports car, James decides to go with her. It's a journey full of surprises and revelations which will change them both - and, in Isla Dewar's inimitable way, entertain and enlighten every reader.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/22/2015 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to tabby-cat-owner to fulfill a wish. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Monday, February 02, 2015

I received this in the mail from eponine38 of Winchester, Massachusetts as an RABCK.

Thank you so much, eponine38, for this book. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, July 19, 2015

This was an interesting and enjoyable book to read.

Journal Entry 5 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, July 19, 2015

This book has been donated to the ABC vbb organized by booklady331.

Journal Entry 6 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Thursday, December 03, 2015

This book has been removed from the ABC VBB organized by booklady331.

Note: In April 2016, this book has been added to the ABC Authors bookring for Authors whose last name begins with a "D". It has been sent to the person on the list.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Book arrived today. I will keep this one as I read the other D author book.