corner corner Appointment with Death

Appointment with Death
by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 1/18/2015

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Picked up at the Greensburg-Hempfield Area Library book sale in Greensburg, Pa., August 2014.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, January 24, 2016

A trip to the desert was just what I needed to escape from Winter Storm Jonas and his 10 inches of heavy snowfall this weekend. Like all Agatha Christie books, I thought I knew whodunit and howtheydunit several times. In fact, I had several different suspects. But, once again, I was wrong. Better luck to the next reader!

I was surprised how little M. Poirot was seen in the first half of this book--just a few encounters with the major characters before they set off for Petra, leaving M. Poirot behind in Jerusalem. We next see him in Amman, after one of the characters kept their Appointment with Death. Poirot sorts out all the drama and melodrama, clues and red herrings, and proves, once again, that he is smarter than the average bear.

After reading "Appointment with Death," I was curious what Petra was really like in 1937. My friend, Google, found this for me: http://www.paradoxplace.com/Insights/Petra-1937/1937-Petra-Expedition.pdf

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library at 7430 Tioga Street (#14064) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, February 15, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (2/14/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library at 7430 Tioga Street (#14064) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around 4:10 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.