corner corner The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmysticcatwing of Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on 1/4/2015

status (set by book-a-billy): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmysticcatwing from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Afghanistan, 1975: Twelve-year-old Amir is desperate to win the local kite-fighting tournament and his loyal friend Hassan promises to help him. But neither of the boys can foresee what will happen to Hassan that afternoon, an event that is to shatter their lives. After the Russians invade and the family is forced to flee to America, Amir realises that one day he must return to Afghanistan under Taliban rule to find the one thing that his new world cannot grant him: redemption.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmysticcatwing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Oberösterreich Austria on Thursday, July 23, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (7/24/2015 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Oberösterreich Austria

book-a-billy wants to read this book - so I will hand it over at the Salzkammerguttreffen this year. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by book-a-billy at St. Gilgen, Salzburg Austria on Sunday, July 26, 2015

Thank you very much for this book. I have already read it in German and found it marvellous. Now I want to read it again in English. I'm really looking forward to reading it again.