corner corner Seizure

Seizure
by Robin Cook | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 12/5/2014

status (set by eponine38): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, December 05, 2014

from the TLC book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, July 17, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (7/23/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Releasing into the Medicine Chest bookbox because it fits the theme and the box could use more fiction. Enjoy!

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, August 21, 2015

Taking from quietorchid's Medicine Chest V Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, August 29, 2016

This is the first book by Robin Cook that I've read. I found it uneven, but still a real page-turner if you overlook the less than stellar writing. I found the conversation between the two main characters, both PhD's, very stilted and unnatural. Couldn't decide if it was done on purpose to show how smart they are, what big words they can use. Even this wasn't consistent, or else I got used to it, because by the end their conversation felt more natural.

And with the author being a doctor, there were lots of medical terms not fully explained and therefore, entire sentences - or paragraphs - that one would need a medical dictionary to decipher.

Almost all of the characters are very unpleasant; made me think about the evil in the world. This book is a cautionary tale about greed and the thirst for fame.

I also thought it ended rather abruptly.

But, since I wanted to keep on reading long after my bedtime, I'm still giving it a high-average rating. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 69 Webcowet Rd. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (8/31/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library, 69 Webcowet Rd. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA

Left at about 5:15. Hope someone will enjoy it!

Released for Leap Into the Wild Challenge hosted by AlterEgoZoe.
Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.
Released for 2016 One Word Challenge hosted by booklady331.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!