corner corner Ferocity

Ferocity
by Stephen Laws | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by 3vie of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 11/9/2014

status (set by Xarodoc): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by 3vie from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Sending to someone from the 2014 birthday group. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 17, 2014

YHMSmiley.
Thank you so much for this wish list book -can't wait to read it ;o)

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Well it's a good few years since I've read any of Stephen Laws' books (the last was "Chasm" when it came out - in 1998! Can't believe it!) so I was really chuffed to get a copy of this as it's been on my "wishlist" for years.

So what did I think? Well, I did enjoy it & the story was entertaining, if a little fanciful in parts but I was disappointed that the writers style seemed to have changed so much from how I remembered it. As I recall....& it's obviously well over 15 years since I read them..."Darkfall", "Somewhere South of Midnight" & "Daemonic", to name but 3, were supernatural/horror tales that you could really get your teeth into & this wasn't (despite featuring some very big teeth...ha ha)

While the idea of a big cat roaming the moors was perfectly plausible, for me it fits into the thriller genre rather than horror. I guess the way the cat was to some extent "invisible" was a nod toward the supernatural but that for me didn't seem credible.

*SPOILER*The events where Cath & Drew were held by fugitives during the storm were quite tense in parts, although they were very stereotypical criminals (the "boss", the violent thug & the obligatory thick one who just does as he's told) And was it just me or did the writing seem a bit dated? Not that it affected my enjoyment at all...

Overall a good read but not the type of tale I was expecting from this author.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

To be released onto the buffet table at the BookCrossing Convention. If it's not picked up by a bookcrosser it will be released into the wild when we undertake our release walk......wherever you found it please let us know it's safe with you :o)

Journal Entry 5 by Xarodoc at YHA Oxford, bookcase in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/13/2015 UTC) at YHA Oxford, bookcase in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

One of the many books I took from the Bookcrossing Convention's book table.