corner corner Advice on Dying: And Living a Better Life

Advice on Dying: And Living a Better Life
by Dalai Lama | Philosophy
Registered by wingbook_drunkardwing of Osgood, Indiana USA on 11/4/2014

status (set by Whiteraven): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbook_drunkardwing from Osgood, Indiana USA on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"Everyone dies, but no one is dead," goes the Tibetan saying.
It is with these words that "Advice on Dying" takes flight.
Using a seventeenth-century poem written by a prominent scholar-practitioner, His Holiness the Dalai Lama draws from a wide range of traditions and beliefs to explore the stages we all go through when we die, which are the very same stages we experience in life when we go to sleep, faint, or reach orgasm (Shakespeare's "little death"). The stages are described so vividly that we can imagine the process of traveling deeper into the mind, on the ultimate journey of transformation. In this way, His Holiness shows us how to prepare for that time and, in doing so, how to enrich our time on earth, die without fear or upset, and influence the stage between this life and the next so that we may gain the best possible incarnation. As always, the ultimate goal is to advance along the path to enlightenment.
"Advice on Dying" is an essential tool for attaining that eternal bliss.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbook_drunkardwing at Osgood, Indiana USA on Thursday, January 04, 2018

"Just as when weaving
One reaches the end
With fine threads woven throughout,
So is the life of humans."
- Buddha -

To me, the foreword was the most interesting part of this book - the rest was, more or less, over my head.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbook_drunkardwing at a fellow BookCrosser, by hand -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 21, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (1/21/2018 UTC) at a fellow BookCrosser, by hand -- Controlled Releases

Hand delivering to my good friend today.
Enjoy.

Journal Entry 4 by Whiteraven at Crescent Springs, Kentucky USA on Sunday, January 21, 2018

"Everyone dies, but no one is dead." I love this book already! Received from my good friend today at our first meeting after many years of knowing each other through Bookcrossing. Thank you!