corner corner Mary Queen of Scots

Mary Queen of Scots
by Antonia Fraser | History
Registered by Deborah909 of Boston, Massachusetts USA on 10/28/2014

status (set by edithdoll): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Deborah909 from Boston, Massachusetts USA on Monday, January 19, 2015

BookCrossing is a worldwide movement to share books with strangers and friends. Please take this book, read it, and keep it as long as you like. When you're ready, pass it on.

Now that you've visited the BookCrossing web site, we hope that you'll add a journal entry. We'd love to know how you came across this book, whether you enjoyed reading it, and how you plan to pass it along to the next reader.

Journal Entry 2 by amyem from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, January 19, 2015

A collection of books from Deborah909

Journal Entry 3 by amyem at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, December 27, 2017

It took quite some time but I finally took advantage of a few days off at really dug into this and it did not dissappoint. A review I read somewhere noted that Fraser is just in love with Mary Stuart and I tend to agree. This is a substantial and detailed work (although I still felt my lack of overall knowledge of the period at times) but Fraser does find it hard to ever find fault in Mary. She is a tragic figure, for sure, but this sets her up as sometimes a bit of plaster saint. It was a long read, clocking in at over 600 pages, but I'm glad I persevered. I was most moved by the epilouge, that despite the tragedy of her life, Mary Queen of Scots is the actual mother of the English royal family with a direct line of descent straight down to the current Queen. So despite, her long and ultimately fatal struggle to assure her place in the succession, she was the one who did win out.

Journal Entry 4 by amyem at CfA Book Sharing Shelf in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 11, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (1/11/2018 UTC) at CfA Book Sharing Shelf in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Planned for release to work book sharing shelf

Journal Entry 5 by amyem at Panera Bread, Porter Square, 5 White Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (2/24/2018 UTC) at Panera Bread, Porter Square, 5 White Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Planned for release at February 2018 Boston Bookcrossers Meetup

Journal Entry 6 by wingeponine38wing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 25, 2018

Orphaned at the meetup. Looks interesting, but I'm really trying to reduce Mt. TBR so will probably re-release.

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at see release notes for details in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, July 29, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (7/29/2018 UTC) at see release notes for details in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Bringing to brunch at a local bookcrosser's house. Hope it finds a new reader! I did take this at a recent meetup to wild release, but never did, so giving it one more try at a meetup!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 8 by wingedithdollwing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, July 30, 2018

7/29/18 caught via a Bookcrossing friend! Holding for now.

Journal Entry 9 by wingedithdollwing at Winthrop, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 03, 2018

Released to another bookcrosser/orphan taken by another bookcrosser at July 2018 meet-up.