corner corner YA Bookbox

YA Bookbox
by Various | Teens
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 10/26/2014

status (set by KateKintail): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 26, 2014

A USA-only bookbox of young adult fiction making its way around the country.

Please make a journal entry here to let us know you got it. Message the next person on the list so you're ready with the address when you've made your selections.

Post with what you took out and what you put in. Please put in as many as you took out and keep the box roughly the same size so it doesn't become a monster to ship.

Thank you all for participating!

Order:
KateKintail (VA)
mrsjones (OH)
GoryDetails (NH)
emmejo (NY)
k00kaburra (CA)
hyphen8 (HI)
KateKintail (VA)

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Box is starting off with:
* Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
* A Separate Peace by John Knowles
* Peace Breaks Out by John Knowles
* Look for Me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn
* The Game of Sunken Places by M.T. Anderson

Journal Entry 3 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Thursday, November 06, 2014

I was so happy to see this box on my doorstep when I got home. Lots of good books inside. My daughter and I will make our picks soon. I have to figure out how many I have to replace with.

I loved the insert you created. Very clever. I wish every bookbox had a slip of paper like this inside. Very organized. :)

Journal Entry 4 by mrsjones at Hamilton, Ohio USA on Friday, November 07, 2014

Tenth Grade Bleeds
Glee: Foreign Exchange
Pure Sunshine
Firehorse

Box will be mailed to GoryDetails tomorrow. Thanks for including me in this bookbox!

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 15, 2014

The box arrived safely today; many thanks! Will make my choices and move it along soon.

I'm taking out:

Look For Me By Moonlight
The Game of Sunken Places
Beastly
The Outsiders
The Giver
Gathering Blue
Tenth Grade Bleeds (Vladimir Tod)

Adding:

Something Wicked
The Traitor Game
My Most Excellent Year
The Day of Revolution (2-volume manga; I'm counting it as one book )
Peeps
Foundling
They Came From Below
Isadora Duncan: A Graphic Biography

Mailed on 11/17, tracking # 9114901075742511902853

Journal Entry 6 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, November 21, 2014

Got this today. That was quick! Will go through and hope to ship next week.

EDIT 11/29: Was packing the box today and realized I forgot to get the next person's address! Silly me. I'm afraid this box is going to get held up a couple more days.

Journal Entry 7 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, December 05, 2014

The box is on its way, sorry for the delay! Between the holiday, my forgetting to get the next person's address and my truck being in the shop, the box was here longer than I meant it to be.

Tracking number is 9114 9999 4423 8247 5608 80

Miracle's Boys http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13045334
Trouble's Daughter http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13045340/
Chobits Vol. 1 http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13045327
Across the Nightingale Floor http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13042226
Montmorency: Thief, Liar, Gentleman? http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13042075/
Naruto Vol. 1 http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13031221
Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13030737/
Her Father's Daughter http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13030691/

Journal Entry 8 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Thursday, December 11, 2014

The bookbox is here! I can't wait to check it out!

Journal Entry 9 by wingk00kaburrawing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/21/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sorry for the delay in getting this one out again! I was out of town during the holidays, and the box just completely slipped my mind :(

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, February 03, 2015

This fast-moving box arrived today - in the same delivery as a bookring. Amazing how often that sort of thing happens...

I'll take a look and get this back out as soon as I can. Looks like there are still 19 books in the box; 5 of them are KateKintail's originals, but I'll be taking at least one of those.

Journal Entry 11 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ok, I made my decisions and now I just need KateKintail's address to send the box on..

Taking out:

The Golden Compass
Her Father's Daughter
Miracle's Boys
Peace Breaks Out
A Separate Peace
Uglies
Waiting for the Rain

Putting in an extra since it fits and the box is headed home:

The Big Empty
The Boy Who Dared
Eyes of the Emperor
Found
Heroes
Hoops
The Staircase

Journal Entry 12 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, February 12, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/11/2015 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed home to KateKintail; tracking number 9114 9011 5981 5652 9027 90.

Thanks for letting me play!

Journal Entry 13 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, March 19, 2015

The box arrived home safe & sound! I hope everyone had fun with it. There are so many books in it I've never heard of, and a few familiar "faces" among them as well.

Thank you all for participating!