corner corner The Book of Funny Signs

The Book of Funny Signs
by Eleanor Morton | Humor
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 7/13/2015

status (set by sheepette): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 13, 2015

If you have picked up this book, thank you for visiting the website. Please take a moment to let us know you have the book - then everyone who has had it previously will know where it is! Then post a review when you've read it, and pass it on to someone else when you've finished it. If you join BookCrossing, you, too, can see where it goes next...

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 03, 2015

Posted to another BCer for Yorkshire Day.
Enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Friday, August 07, 2015

Thank you ReetPetite, your Yorkshire package arrived today. Inside I found: this funny little book (I have already flipped through the pages!), Yorkshire pen and key ring and two postcards. This is so cool!

Journal Entry 4 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Saturday, August 08, 2015

My favourite signs so far:
*dogs welcome/children must be kept on a lead (p. 5) and again beware of children (p. 6),
*if you are reading this sign, the pub is behind you (p. 13),
*caution please/deaf cat (p. 36) and rabbits at work (p. 37),
*safety ladder/use at your own risk (p. 51),
*country of North Yorkshire (p. 62),
*beware of the dog situated under lion's statue (p. 64),
*private parking for tadpoles only (p. 69) and
*visitors centre toilets pointing at the hole in the ground (p. 72).

Laughter

Journal Entry 5 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Monday, August 01, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (8/2/2016 UTC) at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland

On its way to my Yorkshire Day Exchange partner. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by kirjakko at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I love this international celebration of Yorkshire Day, books fly from Poland to Finland in honour of this glorious county - or was it a country?
Thank you also for the Yorkshire tea-coaster and whatever is the English name for that piece of fabric you can sew on your sleeve, bag or wherever to let people know you've been there (Edit: Silly me, it is a badge).
NowINkA, if you have not been there yet, I suggest you'd book your next holiday to York, my very favourite city in he world (Deltic hasn't named me the Embassador of Yorkshire in vain).

Journal Entry 7 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, July 27, 2017

Yorkshire Day is just around the corner and I managed to find this! Odds are that I will be paired up with either ReetPetite or NowINkA, but I re-read the book all the same and will try to keep it in a safe place until I know for sure...

Journal Entry 8 by kirjakko at Yorkshire Day Exchange, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (8/8/2017 UTC) at Yorkshire Day Exchange, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Oops, forgot to make the JE, but the book left already last week.
Hilariously happy Yorkshire Day! It's a bit difficult to get other things from Yorkshire from this far 😔.

Edit: Picture from the Herriot Museum, they have an All Creatures Great and Small -board game.

Journal Entry 9 by Zoooz at Portishead, Somerset United Kingdom on Friday, August 11, 2017

Thank you Kirjakko for sending me this lovely book and postcard for Yorkshire Day 2017.

I loved my visit to the James Herriot museum in 2016, and so it was nice to hear from someone who equally enjoyed it.

Happy Yorkshire Day

Update:-

I loved the book and the humour. Skinning and deep frying OAPS?

Journal Entry 10 by wingsheepettewing at Totton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 27, 2017

given to me by a friend, when we were down the pub, so all 5 of us there had a read and a laugh.

Journal Entry 11 by wingsheepettewing at Totton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 27, 2017

also meant to say I love the label.