corner corner Favorite Celtic Fairy Tales

Favorite Celtic Fairy Tales
by Joseph Jacobs | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 10/16/2014

status (set by mrsmontague): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Experiencethe whimsy, charm and magic of the Celtic imagination in this captivating collection of timeless stories that have enchanted generations of youngsters and adults.
Among the eight popular tales included here are: "The Fate of the Children of Lir", a haunting narrative of four children turned into swans by a wicked stepmother; "The Shepherd of Myddvai", in which a beautiful woman, risen from the sea, orders her husband-to-be to observe certain rules; and "Beth Gellert", a touching tale of a brave dog that dies after saving a child's life.

I read these stories some time ago; I have purchased this copy as a present for my partner in the Samhain Sweepstakes by Simson Shilitoe... I hope she will enjoy as much as I did.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, October 20, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (10/20/2014 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to my partner in Simson Shilitoe's Samhain Sweepstakes, together with another book and some Halloweenish-Celtic goodies.
Enjoy, and Happy Samhain!

Journal Entry 3 by pennydainty at Dunecht, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thanks for sending on this book along with all the other Halloween goodies.

Journal Entry 4 by pennydainty at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 09, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (10/9/2015 UTC) at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Sending as part of the Spurtle sweepstake

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 26, 2015

Thank you! I do like fairy tales....& thanks rto for the chocolate & the beautiful Celtic embroidered bookmark :o)

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at to help stock a Telephone Box Exchange, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 05, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (10/6/2017 UTC) at to help stock a Telephone Box Exchange, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to mrsmontague to help stock a new telephone box exchange. With a school near to the box I hope it will find a child to enjoy it as much as I did :o)

Journal Entry 7 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Kilburn, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Gratefully received from Plum for a new book exchange I'm running. Hope the little ones enjoy it!

Journal Entry 8 by wingmrsmontaguewing at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Released 6 days ago (10/10/2017 UTC) at Horsley Book Exchange Phonebox in Horsley, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Welcome to BookCrossing - the act of releasing and catching books and spreading our love of reading! It's addictive, fun and spam free!
- If you can, please register when and where you found this book. Using the BCID number from the BookCrossing label inside the front cover, log on to the site, then follow the instructions to make a brief journal entry. The person who released the book will be happy to know it's in safe hands!
- You can then read it if you wish. We'd be most grateful if you could leave it somewhere else for someone else to find afterwards.
You don't have to sign up to BookCrossing- your entry will just appear as an 'Anonymous Finder'. If you do join: please consider putting me, mrsmontague, as your referring member. Enjoy!