corner corner Night Train

Night Train
by Martin Amis | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jblueafterglow of Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada on 1/24/2004

status (set by RevHeather): available

Journal Entry 1 by jblueafterglow from Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 24, 2004

When Jennifer Rockwell, darling of the community and daughter of a respected career cop -- now top brass -- takes her own life, no one is prepared to believe it. Especially her father, Colonel Tom. Detective Mike Hoolihan, longtime colleague and friend of Colonel Tom, is ready to "put the case down": suicide, case closed. But Colonel Tom asks Hoolihan to do the one thing any grieving father would ask -- take a second look.

"Deliciously readable... Amis has created a quiksilver narrative that grabs the reader and refuses to let go." - The New York Times

"Brilliantly written, with an emotional force that will tear your heart out." - Calgary Sun
---> all of the above from barnesandnoble.com

English class reading that I quite enjoyed.

Journal Entry 2 by jblueafterglow at Stanley Park (details in notes) in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, April 17, 2004

Released on Saturday, April 17, 2004 at Stanley Park in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada.

Released in celebration of BookCrossing's third birthday...

Journal Entry 3 by olena from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Friday, December 24, 2004

I caught the book about half a year ago.I knew then that I'd be travelling to London & I thought it'd be cool to take the book along.

I can't say the story is one of my favourite but it is an interesting reading.

CAUGHT IN VANCOUVER BC CANADA

Journal Entry 4 by RevHeather from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 03, 2005

Found the book on George IV Bridge in Edinburgh while we were there for New Year. Have never managed to read a Martin Amis, but I got through this one really easily. Can't say it's my favourite ever book, but I did enjoy it.

This is my first ever experience of bookcrossing - what a great idea! I live in Reading, UK, so will release it there, or perhaps in Oxford.

CAUGHT IN EDINBURGH UK