corner corner

by Kathleen Tessaro |
Registered by LeighBCD on 1/24/2004

status (set by xallroyx): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, January 24, 2004

I bought this book at Borders on Charing Cross Road as part of a "3 for 2" deal. The story is something to do with a woman finding in her attic a copy of an old French fashion guide to Elegance and Style which somehow transforms her life. This book was reviewed in the Sunday Times so it must be OK - I hope! I had a quick flick through the excerpts of the "guide" and it looks fun.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Monday, January 26, 2004

I read this very fast. I am not sure what I think of it. The first third of the book is great, the excerpts from Madame Dariaux's book (which really exists) are excellent and insightful, and the author did a good job of relating her plot to those excerpts. Then the story kind of disintegrated with me feeling increasingly depressed as it went along! I did not feel by the end of the novel that the main character had learnt "elegance, grace or style" and it kind of ended in a rush. In summary, a great plot device but let down by the conclusion (which is happy, as one would expect). But I am extremely fickle about the books I am reading at the moment, it is taking a lot to maintain my interest, so the problem could be me, not the book!

I will release this into the wild or trade it. If you should find this book, please leave a message here to let me know what you thought and that you found it. When finished with the book, please send it out into the wild again for someone else to find. Thanks so much and enjoy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at on Monday, February 16, 2004

Released on Monday, February 16, 2004 at to thechinasourcer in Norwich, United Kingdom Controlled Releases.

Being sent as part of a book relay. Enjoy! I hope you like it!

Journal Entry 4 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, February 19, 2004

Received in the post, many thanks. This looks interesting, I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, April 01, 2004

I quite enjoyed this, although I have a problem with the bad language that was often used. I don't think it is necessary to swear in this way, it doesn't add anything to the story.

Journal Entry 6 by ChinaSourcer from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Friday, April 23, 2004

Taken from the BookRelay by sunflowergrrrl and posted today.

Journal Entry 7 by sunflowergrrrl from Greencastle, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, May 29, 2004

Thanks so much for offering this on BookRelay. It's been on my wishlist for ages and am really looking forward to reading it! :)

Journal Entry 8 by sunflowergrrrl from Greencastle, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Sending out to ramson as part of the 'more chick lit' relay. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and, again, thanks for your patience! :)

Journal Entry 9 by ramson from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Received today as part of a trade via the bookrelay site. I have a huge TBR right now and this one is getting added to it. I hope to pare down the list and get to this one soon.

Journal Entry 10 by SCOUT-FINCH from Sherman Oaks, California USA on Saturday, March 26, 2005

This book has been traveling around so I can't let it get buried in Mt. TBR - I have a Chick Lit BookBox coming to me one of these days so I will try to read it for that..thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 11 by SCOUT-FINCH from Sherman Oaks, California USA on Monday, October 03, 2005

Well, I just recieved a chicklit bookbox today (in fact, I received TWO today..big sigh..so many choices so few stored up books to put in them..)
I couldn't get into this one and I read (some of it) so long ago that I can't quite remember why..(lame but true) I see others here have liked it at least somewhat so I'm putting it into lginder's Chick Lit bookbox where hopefully it will find a more receptive audience..

Journal Entry 12 by xallroyx from Huntington Beach, California USA on Tuesday, October 11, 2005

took from lginders chick lit bookbox