corner corner On Bullshit

On Bullshit
by Harry G. Frankfurt | Philosophy
Registered by HI77 of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 9/16/2014

status (set by 6of8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by HI77 from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The life and times

of a bulls' bowel movements,
even leather bound!

Journal Entry 2 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/30/2014 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book has cleaned all the crap off before joining the Tag Game! ;)

It's a funny little book that I probably would have never known about if it wasn't on your wishlist! lol

I hope you have fun with it! :D

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, October 03, 2014

Arrived today as a wishlist tag.

I can't remember where I heard of this book..but I thought it would be an interesting read. Thank you HI77! :)

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, April 09, 2017

An analysis of what bullshit is, and what it isn't.

From page 55: "It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction." :p

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, June 09, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (6/8/2017 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Thursday, June 8, 2017: headed out in the always-interesting Biographies of Things box.

Released for babypooh's Allergic to A challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Utah USA on Monday, August 14, 2017

This book came to me in the bookbox while I was at my Mother's house. I have been dealing with a lot of bullshit here, so I will read it on the way home.

Journal Entry 7 by wing6of8wing at Syracuse, Utah USA on Thursday, August 17, 2017

A much more academic and philosophical discussion of the subject than I had expected. I thought it was interesting that the author classified the truth-teller and the liar as both being committed to the truth (one in favor and one against, but both aware of what the truth was) as opposed to the bullshitter, who really doesn't care if what he is saying is the truth or a lie. And we ended up at the current state of things, where it is more important to tell the truth about how you feel something is, than about how something actually is.

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at Shell station gas pump in Effingham, Illinois USA on Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (8/22/2017 UTC) at Shell station gas pump in Effingham, Illinois USA

This seemed the appropriate town to release this book. Last day of the road trip.