corner corner The Phantom Tollbooth

The Phantom Tollbooth
by Norton Juster | Children's Books
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 9/14/2014

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Picked up at Goodwill in Greensburg, Pa., August 2014.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

We had this book when I was young (it's probably still on a shelf in the basement), but I didn't like the looks of the giant dog on the cover—too scary!—so I never read it. If only I had known then not to judge a book by its cover, because this book is absolutely delightful! It's clever, it's funny, it's scary and adventurous, and it has great life-changing lessons. I'm sorry I haven't read it until now because it should have been on my favorite books ever list all these years.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Released 9 mos ago (6/21/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library shortly after 5:30 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.