corner corner The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help

The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help
by Amanda Palmer | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 1/17/2015

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bought new from amazon.com (after the feud with Hachette had finally settled) to read and release. AFP fascinates me.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, January 22, 2015

If memory serves me right, I became aware of Amanda Palmer around the time that she married Neil Gaiman. I became aware of Neil Gaiman only months before, thanks to enthusiastic reviews of his books via BookCrossing. I remember hearing about their surprise wedding and thinking it was charming and a little strange (but he *is* British, so maybe not so strange after all). ;) Since then, I have followed them on Twitter, read their blogs, read his books, backed her historic Kickstarter, listened to her music, streamed their live shows, and introduced others to their artistry. I'm a fan. So I liked this book. I like Amanda. I like Neil. I admire her free spirit and her open heart and if we all learned to trust and to ask and to give, what a world this would be.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, January 26, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/26/2015 UTC) at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Sending to another AFP fan in Florida after connecting on Mass Mosaic.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. You don't need to join BookCrossing and you can remain completely anonymous. However, we encourage you to join so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun and free, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing grubsneerg (or any other journaller of this book) as the member who referred you.

Journal Entry 4 by kimyunalesca at Naples, Florida USA on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Just got the book in the mail and I'm so freakin excited to read it.Thank you so much once again grubsneerg for sharing it at Mass Mosaic and here at bookcrossing. When I was in Highschool one of my bestfriends sang coin operated boy such a catchy tune that got stuck in our heads and before I knew it I started singing it along with her we love it! I think AFP was still on her Dresden dolls days back then I don't know much about her except for the song then I read Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere one of my all time favorite book I didn't know til after a couple of years later that they finally got married.Anyway fast forward St. Patrick's day 2013 I went to their Tampa,FL ninja gig I was there just so happens that I suddenly got the urge to open my tumblr and twitter account a day before the said event LUCKY! I don't mind the long drive as I've always wanted to see Neil ever since I read his book and I still don't know much about AFP(so many things I didn't know haha!).It was my first experience of their live performance together.I was at Awe in AFP's ukulele skills I felt her awesomeness radiating and was completely blown away! also Neil Gaiman reading wh:Oa everything felt so surreal that time and even up to now I still can't believe that I saw them such an epic day! I tried to keep myself updated from time to time many thanks to modern day technology!

I don't know what got into me first Neil's book or AFP's song either way I'm really glad and thankful for both of them such amazing tandem!power couple I must say!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Milton, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Just got the book. To be honest I've never cared much for Amanda's music, I'm more interested in the content of the book. Thinking about it I probably should have read the book before posting this.