corner corner The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
by John Boyne | Literature & Fiction
Registered by koekiebak of Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on 8/19/2014

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by koekiebak from Tilburg, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Lines may divide us, but hope will unite us..

Nine-year-old Bruno knows nothing of the Final Solution and the Holocaust. He is oblivious to the appalling cruelties being inflicted on the people of Europe by his country. All he knows is that he has been moved from a comfortable home in Berlin to a house in a desolate area where there is nothing to do and no one to play with. Until he meets Shmuel, a boy who lives a strange parallel existence on the other side of the adjoining wire fence and who, like the other people there, wears a uniform of striped pyjamas.

Bruno's friendship with Shmuel will take him from innocence to revelation. And in exploring what he is unwittingly a part of, he will inevitably become subsumed by the terrible process."

Good read, but the and reminded me too much of the musical 'Hair'!

Released in the last week of may, 2016...

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Besiktas, Istanbul Turkey on Sunday, May 29, 2016

Before that I watched the movie and like it. After I found this book at the museum garden where Dolmabahçe Palace. I already know all about the story but I enjoy to read again and again, even bad final... anyway thank you for this book now I keeping it very well when I'll bring another country or planet...;)