corner corner Why We Broke Up

Why We Broke Up
by Daniel Handler, Maira Kalman | Teens
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 8/22/2014

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, August 22, 2014

Bought new from amazon in October 2013 to read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I was inspired to read this book because I'm playing a solitaire game of reading BINGO and I needed to read a book with a red cover to mark that square on my card.

This is a beautiful book in terms of appearance, with nice, heavy, glossy paper and delightful illustrations. When you take off the dust jacket, the book is covered in rose petals. I also liked the structure of the book: Min is going through a box of things she collected during her brief relationship with Ed. Each thing is gorgeously illustrated at the beginning of each chapter, which then goes on to explain why and how that item was important to Min and Ed.

These were interesting and intense characters, but because the relationship was so brief, you never really get to know them. Reading this book is like an amusement park ride—a brief, thrilling, adrenaline rush, but when the ride is over (often too quickly) you have to get off.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, April 18, 2016

Released 11 mos ago (4/18/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around 2:30 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.