corner corner Morse's Greatest Mystery

Morse's Greatest Mystery
by Colin Dexter | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/15/2014

status (set by pippis): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 15, 2014

One of two copies reserved for releasing at the Oxford Convention in April 2015.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Bonn Square in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/12/2015 UTC) at Bonn Square in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Left as part of the flashmob from the convention

Released as part of the 2015 TV SERIES CHALLENGE (#11)

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 3 by kirjakko at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, April 16, 2015

I took this from the left-overs of the flash mob in Oxford, since the dustman said he'll be back in half an hour and will through away what's still left.
I had read one Morse mystery before the convention and liked it. These are short stories, not as good and not all Morse. I've jumped over few and am now reading the last one with Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft and Watson. The style is very Sherlockian, I could not tell the difference between this and a real Doyle product, although I've read Doyle all my life. Apparently he is easy to copy, I've seen it done before. This seems to be the best story in the book.

Journal Entry 4 by kirjakko at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, April 25, 2015

The odd thing is that I just got another copy of 'Morse's Greatest Mystery and other stories', only it was twice as fat as this and had a different cover. This contains six stories, the fat one eleven (the same six + five others)!! Just how many times they are going to use the same title for different combination of mysteries?
The Sherlockian mystery was my favourite.

Journal Entry 5 by kirjakko at Kaapelitehdas / Cable Factory in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (4/25/2015 UTC) at Kaapelitehdas / Cable Factory in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Off to the Cable Factory Recycling Event (we have a Bookcrossing table there).

Journal Entry 6 by -solaria- at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Inspector Morse short stories? Interesting!

(oh, I see kirjakko caught half of me in the photo :-D)

Journal Entry 7 by -solaria- at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, June 22, 2015

It was quick to read. "Dead as a Dodo" was pretty good, and the Sherlock Holmes story "A Case of Mis-Identity" was a wonderful surprise. I too have read the original Holmes stories many times, and Dexter did a great job creating a Sherlockian story. I laughed in the end of it - finally Watson got the last word!!

Journal Entry 8 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Like I could let a Morse pass my hands? Welcome home, sir.

Journal Entry 9 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, July 27, 2015

Not bad but nothing memorable here either. Made a nice, light summer read on a rainy day!

Journal Entry 10 by wingpippiswing at Coldharbour Road in Westbury Park, Bristol United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/4/2015 UTC) at Coldharbour Road in Westbury Park, Bristol United Kingdom

Morse decided to keep an eye on some suspicious looking folks around Groovy Baby!

This is a Tourist Spot release for summer 2015! What's a more obvious place to visit than a Shaun the Sheep sculpture?! 🐑