corner corner The Daughters of Cain

The Daughters of Cain
by Colin Dexter | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 7/20/2014

status (set by tehuti): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Amazon:
It was only the second time Inspector Morse had ever taken over a murder enquiry after the preliminary--invariably dramatic--discovery and sweep of the crime scene. Secretly pleased to have missed the blood and gore, Morse and the faithful Lewis go about finding the killer who stabbed Dr. Felix McClure, late of Wolsey College. In another part of Oxford, three women--a housecleaner, a schoolteacher, and a prostitute--are playing out a drama that has long been unfolding. It will take much brain work, many pints, and not a little anguish before Morse sees the startling connections between McClure's death and the daughters of Cain. . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------
I enjoyed this one. [Recently reviewed The Jewel That Was Ours as being a slight disappointment]. Lots of characters, well-constructed story, a real feel for life in an Oxford college.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (4/10/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

For the book buffet.

DEAR FINDER,

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by tehuti at Treorci, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I can't remember if I read this or not, we'll see. I rescued this book from a release walk route after we learned that the street cleaners planned to dispose of any they found :(

Journal Entry 4 by tehuti at Treorci, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, August 30, 2015

I enjoyed most of the story and followed the somewhat complex plot line, but was disappointed by the ending, which did not wrap up all the threads.

Journal Entry 5 by tehuti at Borough High Street in Borough, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, August 30, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/30/2015 UTC) at Borough High Street in Borough, Greater London United Kingdom

.Somewhere between Tower Bridge and Borough