corner corner Trains and Lovers: The Heart's Journey

Trains and Lovers: The Heart's Journey
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingardachywing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 7/2/2014

status (set by HebSeaSwimmer): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingardachywing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Purchased from a charity shop in Rayleigh, Essex.

Journal Entry 2 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, July 12, 2014

If I want a relaxing read I choose an Alexander McCall Smith book. He hasn't let me down yet and he certainly didn't with this one.

Journal Entry 3 by wingardachywing at Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (8/21/2014 UTC) at Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom

Given to Candy-is-dandy during the meet-up at the Layer Fox.

The Layer Fox

Journal Entry 4 by candy-is-dandy at Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, August 24, 2014

I really like some of Alexander McCall Smith's books and some I haven't been so keen on. I wonder which category this one will fall into?

Picked up at the Layer Fox bookcrossing meet on 21st August.

Journal Entry 5 by candy-is-dandy at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, August 21, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (8/21/2017 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Part of a surprise package - Books for the Remote North. For reading or releasing.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookAmblerwing at Isle of Lewis, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thank you so much for thinking of your friend in the Remote North... a lovely surprise parcel received :))

Previously I have only read McCall Smith's The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency which grew on me with each book in the series.

This novel was 'okay' - my main problem with it was the premise. People in trains in Britain barely acknowledge each other, never mind baring their souls! The actual stories were interesting enough, simple and in a similar style to the Detective series - but not as amusing. Easy bedtime reading.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookAmblerwing at Mealasta Information Stones in Isle of Lewis, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 20, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Mealasta Information Stones in Isle of Lewis, Scotland United Kingdom

Left by the BookCrossing Stones on a windy but sunny afternoon.

20150716-P1000844 MIS

Happy Travels, little book :)

Journal Entry 8 by HebSeaSwimmer at Mealista, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, April 22, 2018

Donna & myself were camping overnight in Mealista, Uig on Friday (20.04.2018) and thought we'd stop off at the information stones on the way home. This is something that we hadn't done in years, even though we camp quite often there. I was taking photo's of the stones, going round clockwise, when I noticed the book (21.04.2018, approx 1100). If you look on my blog, you'll see it: https://colinmacleod.weebly.com/2018/camping-fun-over-at-mealista-with-donna-loki-our-favourite-place-to-chillout-though-this-time-we-were-chased-home-by-some-crazy-cows We shall read the book and release it into the wild. We shall also update the journal when the time comes..