corner corner To Cut a Long Story Short

To Cut a Long Story Short
by Jeffrey Archer | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/6/2014

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 06, 2014

This book had been my Dad's & this author was a favourite of his. It has been registered to be released in his memory & I hope the next reader enjoys it as much as he did...

Actually as it has a blue cover & is short stories will take on hols to Florida & release there as part of the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE CHALLENGE. Shame I can't leave it on the Small World ride at the Magic Kingdom (Dad loved that ride) but I believe Disney don't approve of leaving things lying around!

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 15, 2014

Taking this to read & release on holiday in Florida.....
if you're reading this because you found it somewhere then please tell us where that was!

Will up-date this JE with review & do release details on my return home :o)

Edit: 15th September 2014

Well...how lovely to come home & find this book caught - thanks for journaling AnonymousFinder!

Release details: left at Window by a Pond, Bok Tower Gardens, Lake Wales on Sunday 7th September around 4pm. It's a truly beautiful spot to visit & highly recommend it :o)

Released as part of the September Sapphire Challenge (#3)

Review: This was an entertaining mix of tales, most with a "twist in the tail" (some expected, some not!). "Love at First Sight" seemed very familiar to me but according to the preface, that, & some of the other stories are based on true incidents.

"A Change of Heart", while not my favourite story, was certainly thought provoking & "Chalk & Cheese" raised a smile or two as someone gets their comeuppance (ooops! - sorry if that's a spoiler!) & I hope that the ending of the true event that inspired "Something for Nothing" didn't end so badly....

I particularly enjoyed the opening "Death Speaks" which I'm sure I've also heard before in a slightly different format.

Hope you enjoy it too AnonymousFinder :o)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Lake Wales, Florida USA on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Found it at the Window by the Pond at Bok Tower Gardens.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Babson Park, Florida USA on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I found it at the Nature Conservancy Office at Tiger Creek Preserve near Babson Park, FL.