corner corner Savannah Blues

by Mary Kay Andrews | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 1/18/2004

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, January 18, 2004

I bought this book in Natchitoches, Louisiana, on a cold rainy Friday afternoon, about 3 hours after leaving New Orleans. I was feeling emotionally raw (thanks, primarily, to a bittersweet 24 hours I had spent there with a man I met from Florida) and needed a book to lift my spirits! I realised a few hours later, however, that the last thing I felt like reading was any kind of tale where a girl meets a boy and everything works out fine in the end - this particular fairy story seemed just too depressing for me at that time!! :-) Instead, I continued to struggle through Across the Nightingale Floor, a novel which was as far removed in tone, style and plot from Savannah Blues as I could get!

I am feeling much cheerier now, of course, and will read this very soon I am sure.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Friday, August 20, 2004

I think I need to wash this book right out my hair... ;-) It was so-so chick-lit, didn't really inspire me about Savannah - one of the most lovely US cities I have ever been to - and yes, the romance was so icky that it would have sent me driving my car off a bridge into the Cane River had I read this novel at the time I actually bought it! I was not taken with this, sadly.

It is time to move on and release this book into the wild!!!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD on Sunday, July 09, 2006

It is really time to release this now!!! :-))

Welcome to Bookcrossing and thanks for taking the trouble to visit this site! I hope you enjoy this book. When you have finished with it, make a journal entry to let me know it found a home then send it back out into the world again for someone else to find. Sharing books is great karma - enjoy this one!

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD at Telfrescot Road in Balham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (7/9/2006 UTC) at Telfrescot Road in Balham, Greater London United Kingdom