corner corner The Boy on the Wooden Box: How the Impossible Became Possible . . . on Schindler's List

Journal Entry 1 by haahaahaa98 from Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Friday, May 16, 2014

To be released!

Journal Entry 2 by haahaahaa98 at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/10/2014 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

To be released at next local bookcrossing meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Picked up at last night's meetup. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Very interesting and moving read.

I liked the writing style; clear and simple. According to Amazon, this book is intended for ages 9-14 and it's good that its clarity of writing makes this material accessible to younger readers.

Mr. Leyson, who sadly passed away right around the time the book was published, seems like a lovely person. He went through so much but writes without bitterness or rancor. He was, I imagine, a glass-half-full type. This undoubtedly helped him survive until he could be finally rescued by Oskar Schindler.

It still amazes me what Schindler was able to accomplish under the circumstances. He certainly was no angel himself, but knew how to push the boundaries of correctness to accomplish his goals.

Writing a review in the early morning before the coffee has kicked in is difficult, so I will stop. ;-) I highly recommend this lovely book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, October 16, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (10/16/2015 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to LittleWhiteBird to fulfill a wish. I'm so sorry for the long delay :-(. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thank you, the book has just arrived here. Don't worry about the delay, it's not like my TBR pile is too small ;) Looks like this one won't stay on the pile for too long, though :)