corner corner Please Look After Mom (Vintage)

Please Look After Mom (Vintage)
by Kyung-Sook Shin | Literature & Fiction
Registered by BouncingFerret on 4/21/2014

status (set by Delphi_Reader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BouncingFerret on Monday, April 21, 2014

MAN ASIAN LITERARY PRIZE WINNER

When sixty-nine-year-old So-nyo is separated from her husband among the crowds of the Seoul subway station, her family begins a desperate search to find her. Yet as long-held secrets and private sorrows begin to reveal themselves, they are forced to wonder: how well did they actually know the woman they called Mom?

Told through the piercing voices and urgent perspectives of a daughter, son, husband, and mother, Please Look After Mom is at once an authentic picture of contemporary life in Korea and a universal story of family love.

Journal Entry 2 by BouncingFerret at Seoul, Soul-t'ukpyolsi South Korea on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (4/23/2014 UTC) at Seoul, Soul-t'ukpyolsi South Korea

rabck!

Journal Entry 3 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Monday, May 05, 2014

Thanks for sending it my way :)

Journal Entry 4 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Thursday, October 18, 2018

Released 3 wks ago (10/18/2018 UTC) at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece

I enjoyed this book up to the point of learning many things about another culture and the small things of a daily life. The end didn't surprise me much, I would say that I was waiting for something else, but overall it was a good reading.

The book is travelling to Delphi as part of my September offer (One book a month)! Enjoy reading it! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Saturday, October 20, 2018

"Please Look After Mom" arrived in Delphi yesterday.

Thanks BouncingFerret for registering and alexiapapa for sending it over. It seems promising : )