corner corner 1974

1974
by David Peace | Literature & Fiction
Registered by miekster of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 3/29/2014

status (set by AylaMey): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by miekster from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Jeanette Garland, missing Castleford, July 1969. Susan Ridyard, missing Rochdale, March 1972. Claire Kemplay, missing Morley, since yesterday. Christmas bombs and Lord Lucan on the run, Leeds United and the Bay City Rollers, The Exorcist and It Ain't Half Hot Mum. It's winter, 1974, Yorkshire, and Eddie Dunford's got the job he wanted - crime correspondent for the Yorkshire Evening Post. He didn't know it was going to be a season in hell. A dead little girl with a swan's wings stitched into her back. In Nineteen Seventy Four , David Peace brings the passion and stylistic bravado of an Ellroy novel to this terrifyingly intense journey into a secret history of sexual obsession and greed, and starts a highly acclaimed crime series that has redefined how the genre is approached.

Journal Entry 2 by miekster at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/6/2014 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Voor Angelfrouk, bij de meeting in Castricum.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAngelFroukwing at Bolsward, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Thank you for bringing this with you, Miekster. Really apreciated.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAngelFroukwing at Bolsward, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I tries, I tried so hard. But around page 94 I simply couldn't take all the "fuck", "fucking" and "bloody" anymore. I'm no stranger to these words myself, but this is too much. All 4 books are on AVL.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAngelFroukwing at BC Meeting 2016 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 25, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/3/2016 UTC) at BC Meeting 2016 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

This book is going to the Annual meeting on the beach in Castricum.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAylaMeywing at Boekspot Hoog Catharijne in Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/6/2016 UTC) at Boekspot Hoog Catharijne in Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands

Dit boek lag nog op tafel aan het einde van de meeting en daarom heb ik het meegenomen om in de Boekspot neergezet te worden / This book was still on the table at the end of the meeting and so I've taken it with me to be released in the Boekspot.

Voor de nieuwe lezer: veel leesplezier / For the new reader: happy reading!