corner corner Lexicon: A Novel

Lexicon: A Novel
by Max Barry | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmelydiawing of Centreville, Virginia USA on 3/26/2014

status (set by kitkat1990): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Received from the publisher for review. Registered in Centreville, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing at Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Words are powerful. Wil is kidnapped in an airport bathroom for surviving something he can't remember a year before in the remote Australian town of Broken Hill. He and his kidnappers are then pursued by murderous people who seem to be acting through some will not their own. Meanwhile, a young woman named Emily is taken in to a secret school where she learns the power of certain syllables to control people. There's a lot of suspense, a lot of uncertainty as to who can be trusted. I really enjoyed it, even if "deadly words" premise felt a little unbelievable. I've already read Jennifer Government; now I think I'll have to pick up some of Barry's other works.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Released 2 yrs ago (4/20/2014 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

Once again, BCinDC will have a table full of free books available at the 2014 Day of the Book festival in Kensington, Maryland. This book will be among them.

Journal Entry 4 by kitkat1990 at Kensington, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Picked up at the Day of the Book festival in Kensington, MD!