corner corner Bad Girls, Good Women

Registered by jare of Hudson, Florida USA on 1/11/2004

status (set by morgasa2361): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by jare from Hudson, Florida USA on Sunday, January 11, 2004

From Publishers Weekly
In the late 1950s, Julia and Mattie, two English teens, flee the stifling confines of their suburban homes for the excitement of swinging London. Over the span of three decades, Thomas ( The White Dove ) makes their lively friendship glow with rude life. From the dim dance floor of the Rocket Club to the streets of Soho and on into the English countryside, the two charm and bluff their way into parties, hearts and careers. As an actress in a gritty modern play, Mattie strikes gold first. Julia drifts aimlessly into marriage with a member of the landed gentry, but a ruinous fire and an unassuaged longing for the love of an elusive aviator sends her back to London to carve out a niche for herself. Thomas has a gift for breathing life into settings and situations that in other hands might be overly familiar. By turns romantic and poignant, and brimming with vitality and spirited dialogue, her deftly written, emotionally involving novel should bring her new fans. 50,000 first printing; $50,000 ad/ promo. BOMC main selection.

To be released soon....

Journal Entry 2 by jare at Compass Bank, San Pedro/Lomas in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Released on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 at Compass Bank, San Pedro/Lomas in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA.

In the parking lot...

Journal Entry 3 by morgasa2361 from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, February 03, 2004

My husband found it in the parking lot at Lomas/San Pedro and brought it home to me. Will start reading it today.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, March 07, 2004

The book was caught in th parking lot at Lomas and San Pedro, and is finally being released today. It was a great read, and to any of you who looked there for it, look again! Only this time, it's in the Northwest corner of the the strip mall, on top of one of the newspaper machines. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

CAUGHT IN ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO USA

Journal Entry 5 by morgasa2361 from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, March 07, 2004

Sorry Gang, that last journal enrty (#4) was from me - I forgot to log in! :)