corner corner The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (pc)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (pc)
by Mark Haddon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by tho on 1/10/2004

status (set by tho): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by tho on Saturday, January 10, 2004

One of the best reads of 2003 ...
Will post more comments later.

Journal Entry 2 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 17, 2004

Received this one today... Quite recommended. To read and return.

Journal Entry 3 by mady from Reading, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I've quite liked this one! It was very interesting to read a book written by an even more obsessed mind with Maths than mine :) And it was a good way to have a glimpse of the mind of an autist kid. I think that most often than not he is right and I can see why it's hard for him to understand people.
Thanks tho for the loan (and the patience ;)).

Journal Entry 4 by Goide from Lisbon, not specified not specified on Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Very good book.
The author writes like a scientist. The Monty Hill problem has caused heated discussions among the persons that were willing to think about it. Me included.
There are several important issues raised by the narrator about how people deal with a lot of things. About things that are logical or rational, but emotion is mostly separated, which leads to simple and apparently clear but false conclusions sometimes (can't give an example but I remember it was there).
The only think relevant that I disliked was that the book starts as an investigation or detective story, but loses 'it' by the middle of the book.

Journal Entry 5 by tho on Thursday, October 19, 2006

De volta comigo já há algum tempo ...