corner corner Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children)

by Ransom Riggs | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Purplesu of Pinhal Novo, Setúbal Portugal on 3/8/2014

status (set by Ellastix): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Purplesu from Pinhal Novo, Setúbal Portugal on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"A tense, moving, and wondrously strange first novel. The photographs and text work together brilliantly to create an unforgettable story".

It was wonderful to enter the world of these peculiar children and follow their adventures.

THis book is ready to travel..

Journal Entry 2 by wingFraukeRowing at Großefehn, Niedersachsen Germany on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The book arrived here today, thanks for sending!

Journal Entry 3 by wingFraukeRowing at Großefehn, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, March 29, 2014

What a wonderfully freaky book - or maybe I should say "peculiar"... The images and the text in combination make an amazing story. Also, I liked that the back cover doesn't give away too much from the story. After the first couple of pages, the book could really turn into anything: fantastic, historical, adventurous, romantic, it's all in there!

Journal Entry 4 by wingFraukeRowing at Großefehn, Niedersachsen Germany on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (4/3/2014 UTC) at Großefehn, Niedersachsen Germany

Sent on to grovalskii - enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

the book is with me now. Hope to get to it soon!

Journal Entry 6 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Great read! It's one of those books that as an adult I can enjoy, but I also think that my son (who is 11) would love it. I may have to get another copy so he can read it. The book will be off to Australia soon.

Link to the forum: http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/505239/

Journal Entry 7 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (5/6/2014 UTC) at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany

My son did get to read the book! we had a long holiday weekend here in Germany. He loved the book, too, and wants to read the second one now. :-) Anyway, Miss Peregrine will travel on to Australia tomorrow morning.

Journal Entry 8 by Ellastix at -- Unspecified Location --, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The book arrived in my letterbox this afternoon. Can't wait to read it!

Journal Entry 9 by Ellastix at -- Unspecified Location --, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Such a great story, and I love that the photos are (mostly) real. And interesting that the story was influenced by the pictures found and the characters that shouted out to be included.

Thanks for starting the ring, Purplesu. Since I am the last on the list and you don't want it back, it will probably be bundled into a bookbag making its way around Australia that I am next in line for, if that's ok :)

Journal Entry 10 by Ellastix at -- Unspecified Location --, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/24/2014 UTC) at -- Unspecified Location --, Western Australia Australia

Being posted to Victoria in the Aus Bookbag. Enjoy!