corner corner Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague

Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague
by Geraldine Brooks | Audiobooks
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 7/13/2014

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Picked up at the Newman Used Book Sale in Indiana, Pa., in August 2012.

Slightly abridged, 5 cassettes, 7 hours, read by Stina Nielsen.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 12, 2015

I am always hesitant to say how much I enjoyed a book that has so much suffering in it; it's not the suffering I enjoy, rather, it's the characters who rise above it and who are made stronger by it, and karma making a happy ending possible, if not always delivering one. This is a well-written and well-read story I highly recommend.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, November 06, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (11/6/2015 UTC) at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Sent (at last!) to Moody-Blue in Oklahoma as part of iwillrejoice's Audio VBB Round 23. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Meers, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thanks much!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Meers, Oklahoma USA on Wednesday, March 09, 2016

I didn't get into this one until the last 1/4, but I think it was probably my fault because I was distracted by my own life's drama.

Journal Entry 6 by wingMoody-Bluewing at Meers, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, November 20, 2016

One of my (MANY) contributions for this eagerly-awaited episode of imawinn's US Only Audiobook Ray: CASSETTES Are Still Alive Bookbox. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, February 10, 2017

I know I read this book, but it must have been BBC (before I joined BookCrossing) because it's not on my BC shelf.

Taken from imawinn2's CASSETTES Are Still Alive Bookbox Ray with thanks.