corner corner Legend Of Sleepy Hollow & Rip Van Winkle

Legend Of Sleepy Hollow & Rip Van Winkle
by Washington Irving | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 3/2/2014

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Picked up at the Newman Used Book Sale in Indiana, Pa., in August 2012.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My theme this year seems to be finally getting around to reading those classics. Case in point, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and "Rip Van Winkle." Both are entertaining stories, and neither was quite what I expected. I was glad I had a dictionary on hand for the old Dutch words that pepper the text.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, October 23, 2016

Released 5 mos ago (10/23/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library around 3:45 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.