corner corner The Happy Prince and Other Fairy Tales (Dover Children's Thrift Classics)

The Happy Prince and Other Fairy Tales (Dover Children's Thrift Classics)
by Oscar Wilde | Children's Books
Registered by winggrubsneergwing of Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on 3/2/2014

status (set by grubsneerg): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winggrubsneergwing from Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Bought at Goodwill in Greensburg, Pa., in November 2013 to release in the wild.

Journal Entry 2 by winggrubsneergwing at Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I didn't know Oscar Wilde wrote fairy tales, even though the introductory note to this collection claims they comprised a major component of his written legacy.

This particular volume contains: "The Happy Prince," "The Nightingale and the Rose," "The Selfish Giant," "The Remarkable Rocket," and "The Birthday of the Infanta." Although "The Nightingale and the Rose" seemed familiar to me, my favorite turned out to be "The Happy Prince," with "The Remarkable Rocket" coming in second. Sometimes touching, sometimes amusing, all are entertaining.

Journal Entry 3 by winggrubsneergwing at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 31, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (7/30/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library #1670, Twin Lakes Expansion in Greensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Left in the Little Free Library shortly before 7 p.m.

Congratulations--you caught a book!

Take your time reading the book, and after you finish, please make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours, and you can keep it if you choose, though we would love for you to share it. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it.