corner corner Atonement

Atonement
by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on 1/9/2004

status (set by abbymama): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, January 09, 2004

From the back cover:
Ian McEwan's symphonic novel of love and waar, childhood and class, guilt and forgiveness combines all the satisfaction of a superb narrative with the provocatioon we have come to expect from this master of English prose.
On a summer day in 1935, a thirteen-year old Briony Tallis witnesses the flirtatioon between her older sister, Celia, and Robbie Turner, the son of a servant. But Briony'd incomplete grasp of adult motives and her precocious imagination bring about a crime that will change all theri lives, a crime whose repercussions "Attonement" follows through the chaos and carnage of WWII and into the close of the 20th century.

Booker Prize Finalist

The writing captured me more than the actual story.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Port City Java on Calhoun St. in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, January 09, 2004

Released on Friday, January 09, 2004 at Port City Java on Calhoun St. in Charleston, South Carolina USA.

By the comfy seats in the back...have a nice cuppa and enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by abbymama from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, January 23, 2004

I caught this book at a coffee shop and it made my day. I enjoyed it and thought it was beautifully written. Some of the descriptions of McEwan's other books sound interesting as well. I'll probably read some of them. This is the first time I've heard of book crossing and I think it's a great idea.