corner corner The Watery Part of the World (ARC)

The Watery Part of the World (ARC)
by Michael Parker | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 2/27/2014

status (set by UnwrittenLibra): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Michael Parker’s vast and involving novel about pirates and slaves, treason and treasures, madness and devotion, takes place on a tiny island battered by storms and cut off from the world. Inspired by two little-known moments in history, it begins in 1813, when Theodosia Burr, en route to New York by ship to meet her father, Aaron Burr, disappears off the coast of North Carolina. It ends a hundred and fifty years later, when the last three inhabitants of a remote island—two elderly white women and the black man who takes care of them—are forced to leave their beloved spot of land. Parker tells an enduring story about what we’ll sacrifice for love, and what we won’t.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (5/14/2014 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to UnwrittenLibra to start off the (very short, at the moment) ring. Hope you enjoy it, UL!

--UnwrittenLibra US (WI)/Int'l
--iwillrejoice US (FL)/US shipping
Back to eponine38

Journal Entry 3 by UnwrittenLibra at Madison, Wisconsin USA on Monday, June 16, 2014

Oh my goodness - just realized I hadn't logged this book as arrived! It was a chaotic semester for me, and I just now cleaned off my dining room table to find it sitting there under a bunch of other books. Will get on reading it.