corner corner The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year

The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend | Literature & Fiction
Registered by -Baghira- of Enskede, Stockholm Sweden on 2/11/2014

status (set by AnonymousFinder): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by -Baghira- from Enskede, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The day her twin children leave the house, housewife Eva decides to go to bed and stay in there for a year. This causes all kinds of different reactions from her husband, her family, her neighbours, even people not known to her before..

Funny idea and cool writing style. The book was really fun to read - but after about 3/4 of it I had the feeling the author didn't really know how to end it..and as it stops for Eva to have fun staying in bed, also the fun of the book declines a bit..

Journal Entry 2 by -Baghira- at Espressohouse Vasagatan15 in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (2/12/2014 UTC) at Espressohouse Vasagatan15 in Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden

To be released during Stockholmsfika.

Journal Entry 3 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Took it home from Espresso House tonight.

Journal Entry 4 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Friday, March 14, 2014

This was a funny, although I had expected more from Sue Townsend, since I really enjoyed "Adrian Mole" and "The Queen and I".

I agree with Baghira about the end, I think it ended a little too abruptly.

But I did enjoy the book anyway. I'm glad I took it with me.

I'm going to start a bookray with this.

Journal Entry 5 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bookray - the order may be rearranged according to the participants' shipping preferences:

1) penelopewanders, Switzerland - ships within Europe
2) Icila, France - ships anywhere
3) Abi-Gibby, UK - ships within Europe

Journal Entry 6 by Gealach at Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Saturday, March 22, 2014

On its way to penelopewonders tomorrow!

Journal Entry 7 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

This arrived safely in the Swiss Alps. I hope to get to it soon, but first have one or two other rings to tackle, not to mention end-of-term-related work. Thanks so much for sending and making available.

Journal Entry 8 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I have to say this was not really my cup of tea. Parts of this were quite amusing, but on the whole I found most of the characters simply unpleasant and the whole premise too irritating. I liked Alexander best, but one had to wonder why he was so patient with Eve.
I've actually read this in Mallorca, but as it's quite expensive to send books from Spain and I'll be in France in a few days (where the next reader lives), I'll send from there. thanks so much for making this available!

Journal Entry 9 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Pithiviers, Centre France on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (4/22/2014 UTC) at Pithiviers, Centre France

As planned, this travelled with me from Switzerland to Mallorca, back up to Switzerland and now to France. I didn't really register that it would be Easter weekend so although the book has been here since before the weekend, I've only been able to get this in the post today. Thanks so much for making this ring available.
Enjoy, Icila!

Journal Entry 10 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, April 24, 2014

And the book is here with me. Thank you Penelopewanders.
As-tu mangé du pâté d'alouette? ;)

Journal Entry 11 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sorry, it didn't work for me.

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, June 09, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (6/10/2014 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

On its way to Abi-Gibby.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, June 16, 2014

Books safe and sound with me

Journal Entry 14 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, June 30, 2014

Only just started reading life's got in the way

Journal Entry 15 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Seems like I forgot to take book off of the wishlist as ended up getting a second copy In the post on my birthday will wild release en route to work

Journal Entry 16 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at The Devonport Inn in Kingsand, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (7/5/2014 UTC) at The Devonport Inn in Kingsand, Cornwall United Kingdom

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 17 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Kingsand, Cornwall United Kingdom on Monday, February 09, 2015

Found this book in the holiday home along with two other books registered with this site . We will be leaving them here for the other holiday makers to read as no decent book store locally