corner corner Bolivian Diary

Bolivian Diary
by Ernesto Guevara | Nonfiction
Registered by Wichtelkoenigin of Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 6/2/2015

status (set by Wichtelkoenigin): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Wichtelkoenigin from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

In November 1966 Guevara arrived in Bolivia where he established a guerrilla force fighting that country's military dictatorship. Following several months of skirmishes with the Bolivian Army, he was captured on October 1967 and executed the following day.

Journal Entry 2 by Wichtelkoenigin at Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, June 09, 2015

A rather (in)famous book, which had been on my MTBR for a long time.

Some parts made me really sad, for example where he puts the birthdays of his family members at the beginning of an entry, just the date and the name, nothing more, and then he goes on to describe the events of a day.
Also, the incident where they get an animal mascot which is killed by one of the group members within days for me transported the cruelty and the violence of the situation more than anything.
As for Che's "revolutionary struggle" in Bolivia,to me it seems to have been a rather desperate undertaking. His group was soon cut off from everybody and neither the rural inhabitants nor country's communist party supported them. Sounds like everything that could have possibly gone wrong went wrong.

Journal Entry 3 by Wichtelkoenigin at Kalk - Bücherregal vor Bäckerei Schlechtrimen in Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (6/13/2015 UTC) at Kalk - Bücherregal vor Bäckerei Schlechtrimen in Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Released the book on the public bookshelf in Cologne, Kalk district.

Hello! Bookcrossing is an online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are curious to see how far and wide it will travel and how its readers like it. Kindly make a journal entry to let us know it's found a new reader.

Feel free to read and keep this book, pass it on to a friend or leave it somewhere for the next reader to find it. If you journal this book as a member, then you will hear from the book as it travels around. Happy reading!