corner corner Catching the Sun

Catching the Sun
by Tony Parsons | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 1/16/2014

status (set by Annimanni): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 16, 2014

"One young family goes in search of their dreams...

The Finn family - Tom, Tess and twins Rory and Keeva - leave broken Britain in search of a better life. Their destination is Hat Nai Yang beach, stretched along the south coast of Phuket, Thailand: an island paradise where the children swim with elephants, the gibbons sing love songs in the rainforest, the sea is like turquoise glass and a young family is free to grow.

But paradise has a heart of darkness and disasters made by man and nature conspire to shatter the tropical idyll - and threaten to tear their family apart.

***
I bought this at a bookshop in Patong. Will read and release while in Phuket.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, January 17, 2014

I found the story captivating and touching even. The experience probably benefited from my reading the book here in Phuket. Many familiar place names and locations and easy to see the scenery in mind's eye.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Sunwing Resort and Spa in Bang Tao Bay, Phuket Thailand on Friday, January 17, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/17/2014 UTC) at Sunwing Resort and Spa in Bang Tao Bay, Phuket Thailand

Thanks for checking in. I hope you enjoy the book - and your holiday!