corner corner Bremer Augenblicke

Bremer Augenblicke
by Valeska Scholz | Arts & Photography
Registered by ApoloniaX of Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on 1/10/2014

status (set by ApoloniaX): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ApoloniaX from Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on Friday, January 10, 2014

Blurb:
"Bremen mal mit anderen Augen sehen?
Valeska Scholz hat das wörtlich genommen und sich, ausgerüstet mit Schere und Papier, auf die Suche nach den unentdeckten Augenblicken der Hansestadt gemacht. Von mürrisch bis makaber, fröhlich bis frech und gutmütig bis großkotzig haben die etwas anderen Bewohner Bremens für sie posiert. Ein ungewöhnliches und überraschendes Buch - Nachmachen ausdrücklich erwünscht."

Translation:
"See Bremen with different eyes?
Valeska Scholz has taken this literally and has been looking, equipped with scissors and paper, for undetected moments in the Hanseatic city. From grumpy to macabre, from happy to brash, from cocky to good-natured the somewhat different inhabitants of Bremen have been posing for her. An unusual and surprising book - imitation is very welcome."

Journal Entry 2 by ApoloniaX at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, January 10, 2014

"Augenblicke" = moments
Augen (German) = eyes
Blicke = glimpses, glances, looks, gazes
*************************************************************
garnelse gave me this lovely book for BC - thanks a lot!
I think it might make a great bookray, travelling all over the world, with participants taking photos of those eyes in their hometown or elsewhere, any place. Then please upload pictures here to the book's journal so that we can all see...
Feel free to make journal entries and upload pictures even when you don't have the book anymore.
(Not necessarily with a released book, but ...)

ETA, Februar 2015:
In the meantime the author, Valeska Scholz, has been informed about the book's travels - she's delighted about it and follows this journal.

Journal Entry 3 by ApoloniaX at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, January 10, 2014

Bookray:
- Arvores (Portugal), ship EU
- Releanna (Austria)
and then:
please RAY IT FORWARD to an active BCer who might also enjoy it

Journal Entry 4 by ApoloniaX at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bremen, Böttcherstraße, Sieben-Faulen-Brunnen

Journal Entry 5 by ApoloniaX at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Friday, January 17, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/17/2014 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Off to lils74.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Monday, February 03, 2014

It made me so happy to find this in my post box when I checked it today! I didn't realize I was first on the list, so it was a great surprise! I love this kind of arty book; and I will be looking for places around Kathmandu to photograph with the eyes!

Thank you also for the card and labels, ApoloniaX - I appreciate it!

Journal Entry 7 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal on Friday, May 16, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (5/16/2014 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati Nepal

Posted this out to Prachi in India earlier today. I firstly want to apologize for not passing this on sooner; a lot is happening in my personal life that took my time and also my concentration, and things got missed.
I want to add how much I loved this book. I thought it would be eyes on things like monuments or in famous places, but I loved that it was mostly ordinary things. It made me smile and laugh and look at things around me a little differently. I kept a pair of eyes because I still want to upload a photo of my own, though it might take me a little while. Thank you for sharing, ApoloniaX! It's a lovely, cheerful book!

Journal Entry 8 by prachitulshan at Kolkata, West Bengal India on Saturday, June 07, 2014

The book has arrived safely in India! Thank you for passing on, lil74. It reached here a few days ago but I was crazily busy with work...finally free now, and looking forward to enjoying this really interesting-looking book. And also taking a photo or two and uploading! :)

Journal Entry 9 by prachitulshan at bookring, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Monday, June 09, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (6/10/2014 UTC) at bookring, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Neat lil book...I had a hard time deciding which photos I liked best, and in the end couldn't make up my mind! Inspired, I took some photos around the house but will try to take some better ones outdoors too. Thanks ApoloniaX for sharing this...

Off to kiwiinengland, who's next in line!

Journal Entry 10 by kiwiinengland at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, July 25, 2014

Safely arrived, and I had to sign for the parcel at the post office. I don't think I've ever had to do that before. Thanks very much.

Journal Entry 11 by kiwiinengland at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, August 18, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (8/18/2014 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

Off to make eyes in Australia

Journal Entry 12 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Monday, September 01, 2014

I can't remember signing up for this little bookring, but think I will thoroughly enjoy taking photos of eyes around Melbourne.

Journal Entry 13 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 04, 2014

I visited the CBD today and took a couple of photos. This photo is of one of our street art lanes - Union Lane.

Journal Entry 14 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 04, 2014

..and this our Town Hall with a lovely floral display for the start of Spring.

Journal Entry 15 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Another trip into the CBD today and another eye photo. This is of the Royal Arcade -
Royal Arcade is a heritage shopping arcade, originally constructed in 1869. The arcade features a high glass roof and windowed stores, effigies of mythical figures Gog and Magog and a clock which chimes each hour.
It is a significant Victorian era arcade, listed on the Victorian Heritage Register. It is a tourist icon of the city and is famous for its fashion stores as well as specialty stores such as tarot card reading store and it even has an Op Shop.

Journal Entry 16 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

This lovely little book is now on it's way to Hawaii, having enjoyed a short sojourn at my house in Melbourne.

Journal Entry 17 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 26, 2014

Received this fun little gem of a book today and it's already making me look at things differently!

Thank you ApoloniaX for sharing this with all of us, and thank you meganh for the great stamps!

(Larger photo here.)

Journal Entry 18 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 26, 2014

Full sized version here.

Nope, I'm not enjoying this at all. :p

Update 2017: found a link to download a printable version of the eyes if anyone wants to take more pics. ;)

Journal Entry 19 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, September 29, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (9/29/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book will be headed to Canada tomorrow - I needed to send it away before I put eyes on everything - and it was a close call! :o

(Larger photo here.)

Journal Entry 20 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 11, 2014

The book arrived safely today! Thank you for passing it on, hyphen8. This book looks like so much fun!

Journal Entry 21 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 19, 2014

What a great book! My family and I enjoyed looking through it together.

We'd just celebrated Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. At our house, that meant getting together with lots of family members and enjoying all the tasty produce from the fall harvest. I took a photo to celebrate that occasion!

Journal Entry 22 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 19, 2014

I live in Waterloo, Ontario, so my daughter's school jersey makes a perfect backdrop for the eyes!

I will be passing the book on shortly, as soon as I have the address for the next bookring participant. Thanks, ApoloniaX, for bringing a little bit of laughter and fun to Canada!

Journal Entry 23 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (10/22/2014 UTC) at Waterloo, Ontario Canada

I've sent this book off to the next person on the list. Pippis, I hope you'll enjoy the book as much as I did!

Journal Entry 24 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, December 01, 2014

For the past couple of days I've thought "now where would I stick that pair of eyes..." while walking about. And now the challenge has landed, yikes! I might just grab a pair of eyes to town tonight...

The JE picture is not my doings, but wanted to show it since it's quite fitting! It's of the (imho) ugliest statue in the city, called Europe. It shows Zeus as a bull, abducting princess Europe. I walk past it almost every day and have released a few books on it even. One day someone had put sticker eyes on it, and I thought they were rather well-fitting! See the statue in all its glory, sans the eyes http://www.wam.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=525342&nodeid=13067

Journal Entry 25 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Took a little stroll last night and noticed an empty looking Xmas tree on the pedestrian street...

Journal Entry 26 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Boo! Might be that people leaving books to exchange shelf at main library get a little scare...

Journal Entry 27 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Are you sure all that rubbish has been correctly sorted and recycled? Huh?

Journal Entry 28 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, February 01, 2015

He does slightly resemble Gonzo from The Muppet Show, don't you think?

A few more pics coming up, but I'm pm'ing Vekiki for address!

Journal Entry 29 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Lurking at your feet.

Journal Entry 30 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Are you going to press my nose?!

Journal Entry 31 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Those sure are some scary icy teeth you got there!

Journal Entry 32 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/4/2015 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Next stop, good old London!

Edit: Added some eyes to the envelope before sending off!

Journal Entry 33 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

While we're waiting for the book to land on Vekiki's hands, I thought I'd post you guys a few more pictures...

Are you serious with that ciggie?! You do know it shortens your life by 11 minutes, don't you?!

Journal Entry 34 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Oh hello there. Will you swipe that card of yours tonight or just turn the key?

Journal Entry 35 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, February 13, 2015

..and today ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to Turku Cathedral and river Aura that runs through Turku city. Unfortunately it's a very gloomy day, so everything looks rather bleak. We're having very little snow, so if you happen to have any extra, please send it this way! We'll need loads more for Shrove Tuesday sledding!

Journal Entry 36 by wingVekikiwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pippis, every parcel I get from you makes me jealous of your handwriting!

Journal Entry 37 by wingVekikiwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 23, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (2/23/2015 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

on it's way to the next reader...

Journal Entry 38 by Cassiopaeia at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, February 23, 2015

Arrived safely in Wales today! Now I have to think where to take my eyes...

Journal Entry 39 by Cassiopaeia at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Twice I've packed eyes and bluetack in my backpack and carried them with me all day and came home having forgotten to take the intended photo. So I've allowed myself a little latitude with my photos! Taken 15th March 2015.

Ordanance Survey Benchmark S2220 in the Brecon Beacons, Wales.

Journal Entry 40 by Cassiopaeia at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, March 21, 2015

Another one with a little editing! Taken during the Solar Eclipse on March 20th 2015 in the Brecon Beacons, Wales. OS Benchmark S6611

Journal Entry 41 by Cassiopaeia at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (3/23/2015 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...
On the Way to Portugal.

Journal Entry 42 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I'm SO thrilled about this book!... :-)
However, I recently started a new job and I've been extra busy. I hope I won't keep the book for too long, also because I already have lots of interesting ideas (I believe so) :-)

THANK YOU so much for this great adventure!

Journal Entry 43 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Monday, April 06, 2015

Help! Could someone tell me how to upload the photos? Thanks :-)

Journal Entry 44 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Arvores, sent you a PM, but here's the short version: how to add a photo.

I thought someone did a Flickr tutorial about this recently, but I can't find it, sorry.

(This journal photo is one I took AFTER I passed on the book - I wish I'd had some eyes with me that day, but the light fixtures on the wall sort of look like eyes... Larger photo here.)

Oh, and just do a new journal entry and the book will be back on your shelf. :)

Journal Entry 45 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Here they are, the first pictures taken yesterday (thanks a million, hyphen8 - it was right there and I couldn't see it, like so many things in life) :-)

Gonzo (muppet)

Journal Entry 46 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Books, of course! :-)

Journal Entry 47 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Spooky tree :-)

Journal Entry 48 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

The statue that represents the town - Viana do Castelo
A different perspective

Journal Entry 49 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Surprised!

Journal Entry 50 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Glamorous...

Journal Entry 51 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Battlefield

Journal Entry 52 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Heavy head. Or is it Marge Simpson?! :-)

Journal Entry 53 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Friendly neighbor

Journal Entry 54 by wingArvoreswing at Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo Portugal on Monday, May 04, 2015

I hope that everyone will enjoy this book as much as I did.
I've searched for new and interesting spots to take pictures with my youngest daughter, aged 9. Wonderful moments!...
It will travel to Austria today. Releanna will take good care of it.
I've kept a pair of eyes so, maybe I'll surprise you sometime :-)
Thank you so much for sharing.

Warm greetings to all.

Journal Entry 55 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

thank you Arvores for sending me this funny book and your lovely card from Portugal :)

Journal Entry 56 by wingReleannawing at Wien Bezirk 23 - Liesing, Wien Austria on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

oh, I had this far too long.
there will be more pics, but I'll send the book on now.

Journal Entry 57 by wingReleannawing at by mail, RAY IT FORWARD -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/11/2015 UTC) at by mail, RAY IT FORWARD -- Controlled Releases

now travelling on to Bookworm-lady - have fun!

Journal Entry 58 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, August 22, 2015

And the book is here with me, in Madrid...
Thanks, Releanna, for inviting me to play.
Now off to look for locations... :)

Journal Entry 59 by ApoloniaX at Makwanpur district, Narayani Nepal on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sorry for crashing in here, but I took some pictures in Kalikatar, Nepal.

Journal Entry 60 by ApoloniaX at Makwanpur district, Narayani Nepal on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Somebody's house...

Journal Entry 61 by ApoloniaX at Makwanpur district, Narayani Nepal on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Kalikatar village

Journal Entry 62 by ApoloniaX at Makwanpur district, Narayani Nepal on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Not in Kalikatar anymore, but in some mountain in Sarsi.

Journal Entry 63 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Oh, dear, I must really get this going!
Lovely pictures, ApoloniaX; sorry for stalling...

Journal Entry 64 by ApoloniaX at Makwanpur district, Narayani Nepal on Monday, April 18, 2016

Got another one :-)
That was next to the construction site of an earthquake proof house.