corner corner The Railway Man

The Railway Man
by Eric Lomax | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingRazFazwing of Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 3/29/2018

status (set by skyring): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingRazFazwing from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, March 29, 2018

During the second world war Eric Lomax was forced to work on the notorious Burma-Siam Railway and was tortured by the Japanese for making a crude radio.

Left emotionally scarred and unable to form normal relationships Lomax suffered for years until, with the help of his wife Patti and the Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture, he came to terms with what had happened and 50 years after the terrible events, was abl zo meet one of his tormentors.

Journal Entry 2 by wingRazFazwing at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Thursday, March 29, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (4/19/2018 UTC) at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

This book is a company for a little gift.I' ll pass ist to a Bookcrossing friend - a very nice guy - his bear. :-D

I just guess that the book is your taste and might catch your interest. Feel free to release it.

Have a good time and take care till we meet again.

***
Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - RazFaz - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading,
RazFaz

Journal Entry 3 by wingskyringwing at Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Saturday, April 21, 2018

A thoughtful selection from a thoughtful person. I shall read this and take it home to Australia.