corner corner Broken

Broken
by Karin Fossum | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ApoloniaX of Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on 12/21/2013

status (set by J4shaw): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ApoloniaX from Lalitpur, Bagmati Nepal on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Blurb:
A writer wakes one night to find a strange man in her bedroom. He is a character she has invented, but not yet used, and so desperate is he to have his story told that he has resorted to breaking into her house.
She creates Alvar Eide, a quiet, middle-aged man whose life is carefully designed to avoid surprise, but when a young heroin addict comes into the gallery where he works, Alvar’s life is changed forever and his inventor realises that she cannot control the character she has created. The result is a superb novel that plays with the boundaries of fact and fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by ApoloniaX at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (12/22/2013 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Wishlist surprise for you!

Journal Entry 3 by wingLadyIndigowing at Orange, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

thankyou so much for remembering me on my birthday with a wishlist book
(& all the little surprises tucked within the pages of the book)
and being part of the book shower for the fabulous birthday rabck group

happy reading
;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingLadyIndigowing at Orange, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

This was a most unusual story - unlike any Fossum has done before - but it did work. A novelist writing the story interspersed with the character meeting her in her home - fiction v reality.
Not sure I cared much for Alvar Eide - I had hoped the girl sparked some more life into him..

A quote I liked (one for my journal): "For human beings to be in balance, their external landscape must match their internal one." pg 100

Fossum continues to surprise and to write readable mysteries.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLadyIndigowing at Via Australia Post, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (1/28/2015 UTC) at Via Australia Post, RABCK to fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

happy reading

;)

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, February 05, 2015

This one sounds different and interesting. Thank again for your generosity, LadyIndigo.

Journal Entry 7 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, April 17, 2016

Intriguing and disturbing. A story within a story where the line between fiction and the author's own reality is blurred. Also very well written to the point where I found some sections involving the interaction between Alvar and the girl (whatever her name was at the time) quite difficult to read. It starts innocently enough and then the tension cranks up, notch by notch.

Reserved for J4shaw as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 8 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, April 17, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/18/2016 UTC) at Balingup, Western Australia Australia

Heading off to Victoria as a wishlist tag. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by J4shaw at Highett, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 22, 2016

Arrived in Melbourne today. Thanks so much

Journal Entry 10 by J4shaw at Stanwell Bookswap Shelf in Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, July 24, 2017

Released 3 mos ago (7/24/2017 UTC) at Stanwell Bookswap Shelf in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

This one won't be making the trip with me to my new home, but I have purchased this as an eBook, so will add my review when I've read it.