corner corner Walking catfish and other aliens

Walking catfish and other aliens
by Charles Edmund Roth | Humor
Registered by wingerishkigalwing of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 12/10/2013

status (set by quietorchid): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I enjoyed this book immensely, and learned from it as well~~ Love that combination :D

this book is not about little green men from space, but life that is not indigenous to North America, creatures that were brought or hitched rides to this continent, where they seldom have natural predators and sometimes thrive to the point of decimating native species. I expect we all know the Starling is an alien, but did you know the ring-necked Pheasant is as well? I didn't. Among the other aliens written about here are the Nutria, the Mute Swan, The fire Ant, and of course that Walking Catfish.

Journal Entry 2 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, December 20, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (12/20/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Sending off to find it's next reader via my Wild Thing shrinking bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Friday, January 10, 2014

Taken from the Wild Thing Bookbox. Looks interesting.

August 2015
I enjoyed this, a very simple, nice book from the 1970s on the perils of introduced species. As we battle with european Millfoil strangling our lakes, flying carp knocking over boaters, zebra mussels deoxygenating our lakes, emerald Ash Borers decimating our trees, it is too bad more people hadn't read this in their formative years. Hopefully the next generation will take more care.

Journal Entry 4 by quietorchid at Little Free Library -Dale (#0710) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, August 20, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (8/20/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library -Dale (#0710) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Left on the shelf to find a new reader!
A to Z Challenge 2015
Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!